Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Office of Finance (Finance) is experiencing reduced capacity and office closures. As such, DCR is changing its invoice policy to ensure that Applicants have sufficient time to pay. This policy will be in place only while the Office of Finance is experiencing capacity issues due to the pandemic or related capacity reductions.
Therefore, effective January 4, 2021, DCR will be issuing invoices to all persons only after a payment appointment has been scheduled and confirmed with the Office of Finance. Therefore, Applicants / Licensees must schedule a payment appointment with the Office of Finance in advance of receiving an invoice. After DCR has been informed of the appointment, DCR will issue an invoice.
Effective January 4, 2021, the invoice issuance process will be as follows:
- Applicant/Licensee submits an application or request requiring payment via DCR’s Licensing Portal, such as a Pre-Application, Temporary Approval Application, Public Convenience or Necessity (PCN) request, or modification request.
- On a weekly basis, DCR notifies Finance which specific applications or requests are eligible to schedule a payment appointment.
- DCR emails the Applicant/Licensee to inform them that the Applicant/Licensee must request a payment appointment with Finance.
- Finance confirms a payment appointment has been scheduled with both the Applicant/Licensee and DCR.
- DCR issues an invoice to the Applicant/Licensee. The invoice due date will fall on or after the scheduled appointment date.
- Applicant/Licensee pays the invoice at the scheduled appointment.
Please note that all Applications and requests are not deemed filed and will not be processed until all required documents and information are received and the associated fees are paid. (E.g., Los Angeles Municipal Code §§ (LAMC) 104.03(a), 104.03(e).)
Further, please note that failure to schedule or appear at an appointment with Finance may constitute an abandonment of an Application or request. (LAMC § 104.03(b).) In certain circumstances, requests may be submitted again, starting again at step 1 listed above.
Finally, please note that a balance due in DCR’s Licensing Portal does not mean an invoice has been issued.